Universal Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) Reader
The Pocket Reader series offers two durable and versatile radio-frequency identification (RFID) reader models that are ideal for companion animal veterinary practices, pet rescue shelters, and low-volume manual scanning operations. Additionally, they can serve as effective back-ups for large automated systems.
The pocket reader also has the added value ability to scan Bio-Thermo Technology enabled microchips to provide body temperature readings quickly and conveniently, a feature patented by Destron Fearing.
- Antenna and reader are built into one hand-held unit to provide ease of use, as well as excellent read range, and read speed capabilities:
- Up to 3" (7.7 cm) read range for Pocket Reader
- Up to 4" (10.2 cm) read range for Pocket Reader EX
- Both models read all ISO-compliant microchip/tag technologies (11784/11785)
- A liquid crystal display exhibits the encrypted microchip number when successfully scanned.
- If microchips are enabled with Bio-thermo technology, Pocket Readers can also display temperature data.
- Scanned tag information can be transmitted to a computer via cable connections if needed.
- Readers feature a communication port for custom applications, while an extra serial device can be attached to data logging.
- Powered by 4 AA or AAA batteries, each reader can operate for up to 8 hours or capture up to 10,000 scans per set of battery.
- If the memory function of the reader is enabled, the reader is able to store up to 2,048 tag IDs.
- Rugged and dust-proof construction is designed to perform reliably in harsh conditions, including the temperature range of 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C).
- One year warranty.